Dear Ross Families,
On behalf of the Ross PTA Executive Board, I would like to say welcome back to those of you already a part of our community, and extend a warm welcome to those who are new to our school! I hope you had a great summer and that you are looking forward to another great school year.
Here at Ross we are lucky to have a fabulous group of teachers and staff that are so dedicated to guiding our children through their elementary school experience. The objective of the Ross PTA is to fully support our teachers so that they can create the best, most productive, educational experiences possible for our kids. We are fortunate to have a strong community of highly engaged parent volunteers who work closely with school administrators and teachers to create an exceptional environment for Ross students. We hope you will consider joining the Ross PTA this year and becoming part of a fantastic organization.
I look forward to working with everyone to make this a successful year. We have lots of fun events planned for our students and families. If there are any questions I can help answer or if you would just like to learn more about ways you can become involved at Ross please don’t hesitate to contact me.
PTA President 2016-2107
The objective of the Ross School PTA is to fully support the Ross Elementary School faculty and staff so that they can create the best, most productive, educational experiences possible for the students.
- Support the education of all Ross students,
- Support Ross faculty and staff,
- Foster relationships among parents, staff and community members, and
- Assist Ross faculty and staff to provide a safe and nurturing environment where all students, families, and faculty can thrive and grow.
- Field trips and transportion
- Staff professional development
- Scholarships for after-school enrichment programs such as chess, games, yoga, theater, math club, etc.
- Classroom technology
- Library books
- Classroom and office supplies
- Reading and math curriculum books and programs
- Cleaning supplies
- Community building activities such as open houses for prospective neighborhood families, Mother’s/Father’s Day book drive, parent learning and social coffees, movie night, game night, Halloween “Spooktacular”, beginning-and end-of the-year picnics.
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Fifth Grade Graduation Ceremony
- Website hosting, content and maintenance
- Fundraising activities such as membership, activity fees, auction, Christmas tree sale, bake sales and merchandise sales
- Budgeting, bookkeeping and stewardship of funds
- Coordination with school staff on curriculum priorities and needs.