The Spooktacular is this Thursday at 6pm!
The famous Ross Halloween Spooktacular fast approaching and will be held on Thursday, October 26th from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Returning families know that the Spooktacular is one of the highlights of the school year for students and parents. We now have all of the volunteers we need – thank you to everyone who is coming to help! Check your email for insturctions from the event chair, Katie Mastin.
If you are able, please plan to bring some food to share. Anything and everything is fine, but for planning purposes, it would be helpful to use the following list as a guide. If you have children in multiple grades, pick whichever you would prefer!
- PreK 3/PreK 4: Drinks
- Kindergarten-1st grade: Sides
- 2rd grade-3rd grade: Main Dish
- 4th grade-5th grade: Dessert
For questions, please contact the Spooktacular Chair, Katie Mastin at email@example.com.
Last Chance to Vote for the Movie for Ross Movie Night
The PTA will hold the second annual Ross Movie Night on Thursday, November 9th (weather permitting). This year, we’re showing an 80s movie which hopefully will be fun for parents and kids. Vote here to help us choose between three classic movies: (1) An American Tail; (2) The Muppets Take Manhattan; and (3) the Princess Bride. An American Tail is currently in the lead! Keep voting! Polls will close this Friday.
There are several upcoming events in the neighborhood that might be of interest to Ross families.
1. Francis-Stevens School Auction. Francis-Stevens is the feeder middle school for Ross. Francis is hosting its fundraising silent auction on Saturday, October 21st from 5:30 until 9pm. More information here.
2. MPD Halloween Party. Our local police precinct is hosting a Halloween Party on Tuesday, October 31, from 6pm to 8pm. 3D Station, 1620 V St NW. There will be food, games, and a haunted house. For more information contact: Marco Santiago, Community Outreach Coordinator 202-671-6604. See the flyer here.