Ross PTA Board Members, 2020-2021
President, Daniel Adler
Vice President, Yoshie Nakamura
Secretary, Shanti Aranha Sale
Treasurer, Helen Knudsen
Upper Class Representatives, Alison Brody & Alisoun Meehan
Lower Class Representative, Shailee Adinolfi & Patricia Villamil
Join a Ross PTA Committee!
Volunteering your time and/or talents is a great way to get to know Ross, to meet other Ross families, and to support your child’s education. Please review the opportunities below and respond with your interest; someone from the respective committee will be in touch to get you started. Thank you!
- Holiday Sale: The Holiday Sale committee will work on a fundraiser during this holiday season. Ideas include a gingerbread house making virtual event and wreath making. The feasibility of the traditional Ross Tree Sale will also be explored. The committee is most active November and December. Chair: Patricia Villamil
- Auction Committee: The Ross Auction is our second largest fundraiser of the year (after the Membership Drive). We know this year will likely look different, so we are looking for creative minds to help this year’s Auction be a success! Committee is most active February through May, but the committee chair or co-chairs can help set the schedule.
- Learning Diversity Committee: A new educational community being offered by the Ross PTA for Ross families whose children need special learning services. Our mission is to provide an open exchange of our own experiences, to ask lots of questions, to share our best practices and what we have learned along our various journeys, and to see that the specific needs of our children are met. As a caring community we will help each other. Our goal is to provide local resources for early intervention and screenings, information on IFSP/IEP/504 documents, to organize Ross parents’ stories/sharing nights, and a monthly Expert Speaker Series. The committee is active all year. Co-Chairs: Yoshie Tomozumi Nakamura and Alisoun Meehan
- Teacher Appreciation Committee: Each year in May the Ross community comes together to show our deep appreciation for the fantastic teachers and staff that make our school great! Join this committee to help plan this school wide effort. We are still looking for a chair or co-chairs. The committee is most active in April and May.
- Library Committee: The committee will help Ms Juriga brainstorm and implement ways to provide access to the books in the fantastic Ross Library during this trying year. The committee will also help plan and implement the annual fundraiser for the Ross Library. The committee is active all year. Chair: Kate Gardner