PTA Weekly Update
Dear Ross Families:
Please cross fingers for a bit of sun tomorrow evening; we have made the decision to go forward with our potluck picnic. Thank you to everyone who has RSVPed; we look forward to celebrating the beginning of the school year with you Wednesday!
Please note the Determined Dragons (aka 4th Grade) will be hosting a Bake Sale after school and at our Back to School Picnic. Please save room for dessert; proceeds are to go to a garden beautification project that integrates with their science unit!
PTA Membership Drive Continues
After the weekend, 56% of Ross families have now joined the PTA! Thank you to all who have joined. We still have a ways to go to meet our membership goals and the drive ends in September. The first two classes to reach 100% PTA membership will get their own special free dress day or extra recess. Congratulations to Ms. Lee’s Polite Pandas and Ms. Emminger’s Brilliant Bettas, who are currently in the lead. See the chart below for membership statistics for your child’s class. Please note:
- We accept any amount to join the PTA, even $1.00.
- You can join online (show your receipt to a PTA Board member or Mrs. Campbell to collect any merchandise included with your membership)
- You can also join at the Back to School Picnic and the morning of September 17th at drop-off at the membership table (with coffee!)
- We will also send home paper membership forms this week in student folders that you can return to school with a check or cash.
- If you are unsure whether you have joined, e-mail us!
Have you paid for school supplies yet? For those families new to Ross, all students are asked to purchase school supply packages through the PTA for $100 per student. The PTA gives the money to the teachers and staff to purchase what they need for each student and classroom, which also saves parents a trip to the store. Please order your child’s school supply package here.
No After School Programming (Rosh Hashanah)
Back to School Potluck Picnic, 6:00pm – 8:00pm (fingers crossed for better weather!)
Wednesday, September 19th
No After School Programming (Yom Kippur)
Tuesday, September 25th Meet the School Psychologist and School Social Worker, 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. DCPS Fingerprinting Services Fillmore Be An Artist Night
Friday, September 28
Free Dress Day
September Classroom Birthday Celebrations