Our PreK4 classroom uses Creative Curriculum. This curriculum uses project-based thematic units, driven by student interest, to develop questions, complete experiments, learn through read-aloud, and create culminating tasks as “experts”.
Our class always begins with a Beginning-of-the-Year Unit where students understand themselves, their peers, and their school.
Other Potential Units unclude Trees Unit, Building Unit, Signs Unit, Clothing Unit, Balls Unit, Insects Unit, and other proximal, exciting units!
- Hearing the individual parts of words to read, write, and change words.
- Hear, isolate, and identify letter names and sounds through stories and songs.
- Counting 0-20
- Creating groups of 1-20
- Automatic recognition of 1-5 objects
- Reading and writing numbers 1-10
- Creating and solving word problems with numbers up to 5
- Using environmental print to recognize and record letters/words
- Phonetic writing
- Name recognition and writing
Independence, Self Regulation and Social Emotional Learning
- Visual schedules
- Self-regulation games and songs
- Peace of Mind stories and strategies for emotional regulation, including breathing, self-talk, and problem resolution.
For further information about what is happening with the Kind Corgis, check out the weekly newsletter.